Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weekend Recap

Thank you for all the positive feedback on the blog; I really appreciate all the kind words. All in all it was a good weekend with Sunday being the more relaxing of the two.

Saturday was a beautiful day so I wanted to go out and enjoy it. I left the house about 12:30 and made my way into Boston to meet up with my cousin Brian for the afternoon. He's a great guy who's currently going to Law School at Suffolk. We have a lot in common so it’s always fun to catch up. To get into Boston, I walked down to Western Ave, took the 450 bus and then the blue line in Revere.

I got on the Blue Line at Revere Beach and took it all the way to Government Center and went upstairs to connect to the Green Line. When I got to the Green Line level that’s when I unexpectantly ran into Brian. Originally we were going to meet up in Brighton. So the two of us rode the B line to the Harvard Ave stop and got off.

We both were hungry so we wanted to get some lunch. We decided to go to the Sunset Tap and Grill. This is a cool place to go to. Its food and beer menu is off the charts (over 100 beers on tap). So if you like beers like Brian and I do it’s a place to go to. I got the Jambalaya Fajitas with Andouille Sausage, Shrimp and Chicken, good size portion and delicious. Brian got a pulled pork sandwich. I got a Hefeweissbier beer and he got an IPA (India Pale Ale). It was fun to hang out over good food and drinks and catch up on things. After the Sunset we went down the street to the White Horse Tavern for another drink and just hung out there.

Around 5:30 we decided to head back on the Green line (in my case to Lynn and for him home in the north end). Once at Government Center we split up for good, me catching the Blue Line and he went up to the street and walked home from there. Then I got on the Blue Line and took it to Wonderland. It was my first time there in a while and its changed quite a bit with a lot of construction going on there with a new parking garage and other enhancements in that area. Soon after my 455 bus came and brought me to Lynn for my next event.

I was heading to the Bourbon St event at Lynn Arts as part of the Arts after Hours program. I have gone to a couple events previously and they were both a lot of fun. I’m a huge supporter of all things Lynn and anyway that can bring people to Downtown Lynn at night I'm all for it. So I got there, there was a room on the right with food setup and there were vendors selling arts, jewelry, raffles and other stuff. Down the hallway there was another room where beer and wine was being sold and where a brass band was performing New Orleans inspired tunes, they were very good. I was still full from lunch so I only ate one thing there, the jambalaya, it was very good and spicy, and so I naturally enjoyed it! It was a good turnout with Congressman Tierney, Rep Steve Walsh, Mayor Kennedy, Brendan Crighton, Pete Capano all in attendance. I also saw a few of my good friends there so it was an enjoyable night.

Sunday I woke up early and went to mass at St Pius where I sang in the choir as part of the 1130 service. After that I just relaxed and hung out at home.

Unfortunately the next day I woke up feeling sick and it was the dreaded stomach bug that is going around. It was bad timing because I was going to go out to eat with my friends Kevin and Richard, two of my Elton John friends, we were going to go to the Glenview in Chelmsford, but I had to cancel due to how I felt…

Luckily I'm now starting to feel better so hopefully now I can get to enjoy the rest of the week and have some fun with friends and getting stuff done. And lastly I want to send out a very Happy Anniversary greeting to two very special people, my parents who have been married for 36 years! I love them both so much.

All for now
Jack

1 comment:

  1. Love this Jack! For all of us Lynners who are traveling the world we would love to hear more of what is going on in Lynn through your travels. The inside scoop is always better than what we read in the papers. I hope next weekend treats you well.

    ReplyDelete